AFMC is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process to enable fair and equitable assessment.
Please note that we will not respond to unsolicited CVs. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted
A Career with the AFMC
Every member of our team, in every position, at every level, actively participates in the AFMC mission to achieve excellence in education, research and care for the health of all Canadians.
To guide their engagement, the AFMC team created its own value statements:
AFMC staff will achieve success by instilling the following values in our work:
- We strive to be agents of positive change and to engage in continuous quality improvement through professional development to achieve personal & organizational excellence.
Respect and Trust:
- We encourage, support and recognize the efforts and achievements of colleagues, fostering a fair, transparent and safe work environment.
- We recognize the diversity amongst staff and support and encourage staff choices to practice and engage in linguistic and culturally appropriate ways.
- We embrace both new technologies and traditional interactions to enhance knowledge exchange and create efficiencies.
At the AFMC, staff enjoy:
- A seven-hour work day / 35-hour work week
- A flexible work schedule, where applicable
- A generous leave policy
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Comprehensive company-paid health and dental benefits through Great-West Life including life and disability insurance
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) Defined Benefit Pension plan
- Complimentary parking
- Semi-annual staff retreats
- A clean and bright workspace
- A bilingual work environment
- A challenging work environment that promotes professional development