AFMC Decision Regarding 2022 Resident (R-1) Match
The AFMC Board has made the following decisions regarding the 2022 Resident (R-1) Match:
- Interviews will continue to be in a virtual format for all candidates.
- The match timeline will be:
- Application MSPR submission/University transcript: No earlier than Jan. 7, 2022
- The File Review Period: January 31 to February 27, 2022
- The Virtual Interview Period: February 28 to March 20, 2022
- Match Day First Iteration: April 12, 2022
- Match Day Second Iteration: May 12, 2022
We would like to thank the members of the AFMC Resident Matching Committee (ARMC) and our entire medical education community for their continued engagement and flexibility.
*ARMC membership includes representation from the Faculty of Medicine Deans, Postgraduate Deans, Undergraduate Deans, Student Affairs Deans, the Canadian Federation of Medical Students, the Fédération des médecins residents du Québec, the Fédération médicale étudiante du Québec, Resident Doctors of Canada and the Canadian Resident Matching Service.