The 2021 Resident Match Day Confirmed
OTTAWA, Ontario – July 31, 2020 – Today, the AFMC finalized the 2021 R-1 Match Timeline. Match Day will be April 20, 2021.
Key dates include:
- Monday November 2, 2020: R1 Match application opens
- Monday February 8, 2021: Application due date
- Monday March 8 to Sunday March 28, 2021: National interview period
- Tuesday April 20, 2021: Match Day 1st iteration
- Thursday May 20, 2021: Match Day 2nd iteration
AFMC would like to thank the AFMC Resident Matching Committee (ARMC) which has worked tirelessly on the compressed timeline and engaged with the medical education community to reach consensus. ARMC membership includes representation from the Faculty of Medicine Deans, Postgraduate Deans, Undergraduate Deans, Student Affairs Deans, the Canadian Federation of Medical Students, the Fédération des médecins residents du Québec, the Fédération médicale étudiante du Québec, Resident Doctors of Canada and the Canadian Resident Matching Service.